Rutherford Rede Limited (FSP174024) is a Financial Advice Provider (FAP) licensed and regulated by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice. We also hold a Discretionary Investment Management Services (DIMS) licence granted by the FMA.
Nature and scope of the advice
We may provide financial advice in the following subject matters:
- Retirement planning
- Investment planning
- General advice on risk management
- General advice on asset protection and estate planning
- General advice on taxation relating to investment
- Debt management
- Property investments
- Cash management and budgeting
Financial Products and providers we deal with
We provide advice in relation to the following financial advice products:
- A DIMS facility
- Shares of listed companies
- Shares of listed property companies and real estate investment trusts
- Shares of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and investment trusts
- Bonds (domestic and foreign), including Government, Local Authority and corporate bonds
- Managed funds including KiwiSaver and superannuation
- QROPS Scheme (UK Pensions)
- Cash, term deposits and money market funds.
We provide financial advice for products from the following providers:
- ANZ OneAnswer, SuperLife, Simplicity, Booster
- DIMS provided by Rutherford Rede Limited
We have no agreements to place any level of investments with any product provider. We may provide you with advice on a wide range of products.
Fees or expenses
We are a fee-only practice, our income is derived solely from a transparent fee based on the value of your portfolio. Rutherford Rede will charge a fee for the financial advice that is provided to you and for any DIMS service provided to you. The fee charged will depend on the nature of the financial advice and service that we provide.
- Our advisers may charge on an hourly charge.
- Our advisers may charge a one-off fee for writing a financial plan to meet your goals.
- Any ongoing fee (Financial Advice and/or DIMS) is based on funds under management and is charged in tranches that reduce as the portfolio grows.
- Investments held in the MMC Wealth are subject to custodial fees.
The exact fees will be agreed with you prior to undertaking any chargeable work. Hourly and one-off fees are payable within 7 days of the date you receive the invoice. Ongoing fees are deducted from the portfolio cash account monthly in arrears.
Conflicts of interest and commissions
We manage and structure our business, and remuneration, to avoid conflicts of interest. We use appropriate product research to ensure that the products we recommend to the client are suitable for their needs and are not influenced by the commission or remuneration associated with them. Our financial advisers provide financial advice on a Rutherford Rede DIMS facility, among other financial advice products, and are remunerated as a portion of the fee our clients pay.
As a business, we have no contractual relationships with any product providers that requires our advisers to place business with them; nor do our financial advisers. Any commission, brokerage, or other form of payment available to us from making investment recommendations, are fully rebated to our clients. We have a policy of not partaking in, or accepting, investment commission or ‘soft dollar’ incentive schemes. From time to time, we may receive business support services from suppliers, which may include training and educational assistance.
Complaints handling and dispute resolution
If you are not satisfied with our service or financial advice, please tell us as soon as possible.
Call: 09 361 3670
The Compliance Officer, PO Box 147 246, Auckland 1144, New Zealand
When we receive a complaint:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. Where possible, we try to resolve your complaint immediately.
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 business days. We may contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we will let you know when you can expect to receive a response to your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone, email, or letter to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, or if you decide not to use our internal complaints process, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme, Financial Dispute Resolution scheme. Financial Dispute Resolution scheme provides a free and independent dispute resolution service that may help to resolve your complaint if we have not been able to do so to your satisfaction. To contact the Financial Dispute Resolution scheme:
Freepost 231075, PO Box 2272, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
0508 337 337
Rutherford Rede Limited and our advisers have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice. We are required to:
- Give priority to your interests;
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill;
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services
- Meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services.
Rutherford Rede Limited (FSP174024) is the Financial Advice Provider.
Call: 09 361 3670
Write to: PO Box 147 246, Ponsonby, Auckland 1144
A written copy of this information is available upon request.