Rutherford Rede is a partner in life, not just financial advice.
Rutherford Rede is a financial advisory practice supporting clients nationwide. Our origins date back to 1992 and if experience is something to value, we have it in abundance. Each adviser has seen the cycles of investment pass at least three times, working closely with clients especially through the occasional lean year.
Our strategy and philosophy is that we want Rutherford Rede to endure and remain very much at the forefront of independent advice across New Zealand. Jocelyn Weatherall and Phil Ashton are Founding Principals, having worked together since 1992 when financial planning and investment were in their infancy. It has been a long and satisfying journey for everyone involved.
Inclusion and diversity are key to our success. Our team has grown over the years and we take full advantage of our diverse backgrounds and insights to inspire innovation, challenge the status quo and create better outcomes for our clients and employees. Collectively, we have a wealth of experience in helping clients meet their lifetime goals and objectives.
Our advisers are members of our controlling professional body, the Financial Advice New Zealand (FANZ) (formerly the Institute of Financial Advisers). FANZ strongly encourages participation in continuing education courses and the renewal of the annual practising certificate is based upon certain minimum hours being achieved. In the past our advisers have been involved at all levels of the organisation including President.
We are independently certified by the Centre of Fiduciary Excellence (CEFEX) as achieving global best practice standards, and are also granted the Discretionary Investment Management Service (DIMS) Licence by the New Zealand Financial Markets Authority (FMA). This means we are able to use our discretion and act on behalf of clients (in accordance with their approved investment strategies) when providing ongoing financial advisory services. Licensing of DIMS was introduced as part of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013.
A Disclosure Statement is available on request and free of charge. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What makes us unique
- Quality independent advice with no self-interest in our service design or product selection
- Fee-only advisers with full transparency in reporting and fees
- Boutique and personal approach which is tailored to our clients' requirements
- Committed to asset class investing - investors achieve sectors returns and we remove the guesswork
Certification and accreditation
- We are members of our controlling professional body, Financial Advice New Zealand (FANZ)
- We are operating under a FMA-issued five-year DIMS licence (Discretionary Investment Management Service)
- We are ISO-equivalent accredited through CEFEX (Centre for Fiduciary Excellence) – one of only a handful of NZ practices
- We use a custodial service for client funds so that they never pass through our hands